In less than two years, I sold most my worldly possessions in US, said goodbye to friends and family, moved to a country I had never seen before, bought a house on an island in Thailand, learned to ride a motor scooter, flew to Australia 2 times, 3 visits to Lao, 2 to Cambodia, 1 to the US, divorced, lost myself, found myself, created a new life for me, painted 5 murals, sang with a NZ guitarist, sang with a Thai Band, sang with a Thai guitarist, lost weight, gained, lost, gained (hahahahahha), losing again, became part of the social structure of a Cambodian family, learned to love the smell of Bangkok, learned to maneuver fluently through Bangkok, learned to travel through Asia with fearless confidence, learned to live in an open house in the jungle, learned to live without toilet paper, learned to like Thai whisky, had 7 dogs, one cat, survived 2 rainy seasons, learned to live off about 150 dollars a week, and finally learned to cook.
It is 1:56 am in Thailand.
Listening to the symphony of creatures around my little tree house and thinking how much I am going to miss it all when I am in the states.
Especially the purr of the male elephant that passes my house everyday across the river from me. His deep fluttering is usually followed up by a little high pitched trumpet from the baby elephant who is now 1 year and 3 months. She walks along with the rest as they carry their passengers of tourists through the jungle and over to the swimming hole. I suspect that they are having a chat like this "Daddy! We're almost there! Can I swim too this time!"
Very, very happy elephants with very happy, singing Burmese masters who guide them along.
Of course, then there are the bugs, the chickens, the geckos, and the dogs.
I will miss them too. Gonna have to make me some recordings to sleep too in the states, since I don't think that my mom will be too keen on me having chickens in the backyard to help me sleep.
I am however, extremely excited about the adventures I will have, when I return home.
I love to travel. I love change. Change is like magnetic fuel for new creative ideas.
I am ready. I am ready to hold all I love in the US in my arms again as well.
A nice glass of wine with great friends.
Singing the night away with fellow musicians.
Looking at life again on the other side through my new eyes.
Eyes that have seen much and a heart that has felt much.
Cambodia seems to have cast a big spell over me these past 8 months.
(boyfriend, friends, family, trips, and studying the Khmer Rouge)
So much, I realized I forgot to write in my blog.
Not sure if I can recapture all that has flowed in front of me and through me, but maybe as I am sitting in America, mosquito free, all boxed up in a house...
I might feel a bit like reminiscing the past almost 2 years here in Thailand.
It is all still whirling around and developing my consciousness in higher ways still.
I had just planted my garden and had begun my search of how to care for my own chickens, and talk them into laying eggs for me, when I decided to make the trip back home to the states to love on my parents, and my beautiful daughter, Elissa. (Elissa is almost finished with her university studies!!) They miss me, I miss them. Mom needs me. Dad too. I want to grow with them for a while. I just hope I don't go stir crazy without the jungle.
Time will tell.
Skye and I have been following the omens/ sign posts, we knew would signal that we were being beckoned to the states again. They all came within a two week period. We looked at each other and said, "ok, it's time. We can't ignore the signs any longer"
I am trying to rent my treehouse while I am gone. I hope an angel comes along who will live here and care for my dogs. Oh, they are so gonna miss Skye and I, and me them.
Oh well.....I'll be back sleeping under my mosquito net, in no time soon.
Time fly's quickly these days.
I am off to Australia first, however. Gotta get me a dose of Aussie to set my soul straight before I track off to America. I feel I have 3 homes, Thailand, Australia, and America.
One day I will add Nepal to that list;)
No comments:
Post a Comment